QlikView and Big Data
Responding to the demands of modern business in having access to "big data», QlikView achieves this value to users, creating a compressed intelligent representation of the detailed information that is relevant only in the context of the problems faced by the user.
Users of different levels need information with varying degrees of detail. So, for example, in a large chain store, the top manager needs the bottom line performance by region, the manager responsible for the product may require more detailed information in the direction he is working, but with the details to SKU, an analyst in the company may be interested in the analysis of the checks. Thus, different users may want to consider the source data from different tasks at different levels of detail.
QlikView copes with these problems without creating big and complicated infrastructure:
QlikView's patented mechanism for processing data in memory is capable of performing the usual ten-fold compression of data, with a single server, equipped with 256 GB of memory, you can download more than 2 TB of uncompressed data. This allows you to work with billions of rows, and that's with the response time of a few seconds.
Many companies around the world have chosen this particular approach to analyze terabytes of data contained in the storage and information systems.
Benefits of using QlikView for Big Data Analyses
- Access to the "big data" without the need for complex modeling or programming
- Consolidation of the relevant data from multiple sources, including warehouses
- The use of existing investments' infrastructure in "big data" or data warehouse
- The opportunity to explore the association between "big" and the traditional data
- Visualization of "big data" with the most advanced graphics tools
- Analysis of "big data" on mobile devices
Made investments into the data warehouse? – use QlikView Direct Discovery tool
The companies that have made an investment in the creation of data warehouses and therefore do not consider the option of downloading and processing all data in QlikView RAM, can use a hybrid approach using the tool of QlikView Direct Discovery. This tool works with data both in memory, and the data obtained from external sources via dynamic queries.
QlikView Direct Discovery performs the following tasks:
- Requests information from the data warehouse «in a flash»;
- Accelerates data re - use by caching query results in memory;
- Supports the association between the data no matter where it is stored.