Security and Access Rights
QlikView is designed to be used at the corporate level and therefore contains all the necessary elements of information security, which satisfies even the banking industry, using the server component of the system.
The system of QlikView supports security standards specifically designed to protect billions of records and thousands of users, that it is able to maintain. Feature-rich and easy-to-manage security console allows you to control user access to data and metrics to the media and the results of the analysis. You can apply group, role, and individual user access control policies at the level of individual documents down to specific lines and values. BI-platform of QlikView supports standard directory services such as Microsoft Active Directory. Configurable directory service allows you to integrate QlikView with other directories and user databases in your enterprise.
- Mandatory authentication at login to QlikView (for this Microsoft Active Directory may be used, for example);
- To enter each individual QlikView application, separate login and password can be installed if needed;
Access rights differentiation is created for each user (or for each user roles); These differentiations are creating by:
- any element of any measurement;
- any tab within the model;
- any item on the tab;
- any field in the tables presented.
- The system has a 3-tier architecture. This means that the user has no contact with the data, only with the server;
- QlikView Server contains the security console that manages user access to the system;
- All the communications between the client and the server are encrypted with 128 bit patterns;
- The system of QlikView is logging all user actions.